Wednesday 30 April 2008

Do All the Good You Can




Someone advised, "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague." But kindness and goodness extend far beyond how we talk about each other. The person who dares to be good -- and DO good -- may have to find the heart to stand up and be counted.

It's not always about being nice. It's about doing the right
thing. And it was never put better by anyone than by eighteenth
century church reformer John Wesley:

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the
ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you
can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."

1 comment:

Jan O'Leary said...

Thanks for posting this quote. I heard it by radio preacher David Jeremiah in his profound word on kindness. I wanted to get the exact quote and post it. I like your comments. They challenge me to reach higher in my actions. Sometimes I should be more vague. Thanks for the challenge!